What do our clients say?

We routinely ask our clients for feedback on their experience of our sessions, both in person and via an anonymous online survey. You can find the results of our online survey below, alongside direct quotes.

Picture24.png
82% of respondents rated their counsellor the maximum 5 out of 5 for trust, with the remaining 18% rating them 4 out of 5.

82% of respondents rated their counsellor the maximum 5 out of 5 for trust, with the remaining 18% rating them 4 out of 5.

69% of respondents strongly agreed that their counsellor understood them, with only 31% rating them 4 out of 5 in this area.

69% of respondents strongly agreed that their counsellor understood them, with only 31% rating them 4 out of 5 in this area.

82% of respondents strongly agreed that the sessions they had attended had been beneficial. The remaining 18% agreed that they had been of benefit.

82% of respondents strongly agreed that the sessions they had attended had been beneficial. The remaining 18% agreed that they had been of benefit.

53% of clients who filled in the survey rated their counsellor the maximum 10 out of 10, with 41 % rating them 9/10 and 6% rating them 8/10.

53% of clients who filled in the survey rated their counsellor the maximum 10 out of 10, with 41 % rating them 9/10 and 6% rating them 8/10.

All of our respondents said that they would recommend Teaching with Heart to a friend or colleague, with 65% giving the maximum 10 out of 10.

All of our respondents said that they would recommend Teaching with Heart to a friend or colleague, with 65% giving the maximum 10 out of 10.


Facts and figures

CORE

In addition to a client satisfaction survey, we routinely measure client distress levels at the beginning and end of our counselling work together, using the Client Outcomes in Routine Evaluation (CORE) measurement tool. This tool assigns each client a score out of 4 (where a higher score means a higher level of distress) on the following dimensions: wellbeing, symptoms/problems, functioning and risk. The following graphs show the average level of distress when our clients begin using the service and when they finish. We have included the clinical cut-off line to give some context (scores above the line indicate that the client is 'clinically distressed').

Our average client starts counselling with a 'clinical' level of wellbeing. By the end of our work they are well below the clinical cut-off, with a 39% improvement.

Our average client starts counselling with a 'clinical' level of wellbeing. By the end of our work they are well below the clinical cut-off, with a 39% improvement.

(None of our clients were measured as being at risk)

(None of our clients were measured as being at risk)

Overall have seen our average counselling client move from a clinical level of distress to a non-clinical level of distress, with an average reduction of 32%.

Overall have seen our average counselling client move from a clinical level of distress to a non-clinical level of distress, with an average reduction of 32%.

In addition to the general graphs above, we have analysed our data to show the change in clients who started with different levels of distress (grouped into 'low', 'moderate' and 'severe').

We were pleased to see that those who started with the most severe distress saw the biggest reduction (47%), while the 'low' and 'moderate' groups also saw significant improvements in their distress levels, with both ending below the clinical cut-off point.

We were pleased to see that those who started with the most severe distress saw the biggest reduction (47%), while the 'low' and 'moderate' groups also saw significant improvements in their distress levels, with both ending below the clinical cut-off point.


Bring a child to therapy questionnaire

We ask all of our Bring a Child to Therapy clients to complete a questionnaire which measures their beliefs and feelings about their work, grouped into nine categories (each area is scored out of 10). Each client completes the questionnaire at the beginning and end of their work.

Across each of the 9 areas we saw an improvement in how our Bring a Child to Therapy clients scored across the duration of their work with us, including significant increases in 'identifying personal beliefs', 'awareness of own responses' and 'developing empathy'. 

Across each of the 9 areas we saw an improvement in how our Bring a Child to Therapy clients scored across the duration of their work with us, including significant increases in 'identifying personal beliefs', 'awareness of own responses' and 'developing empathy'. 


Why do this?

You can see from the data and client responses above that Teaching with Heart works, but what does this impact feel like in school? What changes? Click through to our Why Do This? page to read more about the school-wide impact that Teaching with Heart can have.